Become an expert in organising major events
Our MBA Sporting Events will teach you how to organise an event, to budget it, to communicate about it and to find partners.
The courses are given in person and in French. It is possible to realize the first year 100% in English.
This program delivers the Sales and Marketing Manager, registered in the RNCP (code 35208) by decree of 20/01/2021, NSF code 312m 312, et 312p - professional certification level 7, issued by EDUCSUP. The granting of the RNCP title is the responsibility of the certifier and is subject to a specific procedure.
- Students having a BAC+3 level and who want to work in sports business
- Students already graduated who want to become experts in sporting events
- Professionals in the sports world who want to re-train
Strengths of the training
- Up-to-date training to respond to changes in the professions
- Work-study class (1 day in class per week)
- Apprenticeship contract or professionalisation contract
- Initial course with alternating internship
- One week seminar in one of the 4 foreign campuses every year (Lausanne, Barcelona, Rabat or Cairo)
- RCNP - professional certification level 7
- Qualiopi certification
Start dates and length of the training
Start in September 2023
Length: 2 years
Words from the direction
Program year 2023/24
The program MBA Sporting Events is 2-year long and is destined to the future experts in organising sporting events. Our MBA Sporting Events is renowned throughout France for the quality of its classes attended face-to-face and led by interveners who are still active.
For students with disabilities : we make the necessary adjustements to their situation in the organization, progress and support of their studies.
MBA – 1st year: the basics of sport business - Program in French
4 days in a company and 1 day in classes
- Marketing strategy and activation
- Intercultural management
- Territorial policy and community
- Business English and mandatory TOEIC
Specific "sports business" classes
- Organisation and management of a sporting event
- Sports equipment market
- Sponsorship approach
- Licensing and merchandising
- Sports marketing in France and worldwide
- Digitalisation of the sports world
- Sports brand creation strategy
- Organisation of a sporting event
MBA – 1st year: Sports business basics – Program in English
- Entrepreneurial Ecosystem
- Corporate Finance
- Strategic management
- Business development
- Entrepreneurial finance, forecasting, budgeting and controlling
- Big data and knowledge management
- Supply chain management
- Digitalization of the international sporting world
- Sports equipment market
- Organization of a global sporting event
- International Sport federations
MBA – 2nd year: professionalisation
Knowledge of the field
- From the strategy to the production of an event
- Planning and logistics of the events
- Administration and legislation of the events
Communication - events
- Communication and mediatisation of a sports event
- Management of an event project
- Exploitation and activation of the media around a sports event
- Reflective and professional approach of the project
- Build self-image through the social networks
- DTP tools
- Public speaking
- Professional dissertation around a marketing problem statement
- Journey to discover yesterday’s and today’s sports.
- Conferences sports business with world-recognized experts of different themes (personal records, community management, event organisations, volunteering in sports…) Feedbacks on world events.
- Job focus (intervention of a senior, general manager, marketing/communication director of a federation, a club or a brand….)
- Continuous monitoring
- Final and oral exam
- Professional dissertation: written report and oral presentation
- Oral presentation
The courses will take place on the Paris La Villette campus, 11 rue de Cambrai 75019 Paris.
School contact: Olfa Dridi firstname.lastname@example.org
Educational Director – Pascal Galantin - email@example.com
Academic Director of Sports Management School
David Mignot is a professor in Sports Management School since 2012 and the educational director of bachelors since 2016.
After studying to be an EPS sports teacher, David pursued the Master degree in international sports marketing from ESSEC.
He published a thesis as its specific theme: how must France be positioned and prepared in order to welcome the important international sports events
Then he worked for 17 years within several sports marketing agencies and managed brands like SFR, GMF, TOTAL, Grenoble 2018….
David founded “Iphitos” (sports marketing agency) in 2011 with the aim to advise the brands and to organise its own events. Some clients: GMF, La Poste, Essity, Fédération des Clubs de la Défense, AFM Téléthon, Relais et Chateaux, Stade Français Rugby, Lagardère Active …
President of the international strategic council
A born entrepreneur and sportsman, Michael began with a sporting cursus and founded the Club de Neuilly-sur-Seine: “Rugby Club Paris Neuilly”; then in 1999 he created the agency “Au-delà du sport” with Christophe Juillet and Marc Lièvremont, specialised in the relationship between sports and business management.
Simultaneously, he has been a professor in marketing for 15 years.
During these years, this born entrepreneur wished to start up his own school. This cursus led him to found Sports Management School (SMS), a business school specialised in Sports Business. SMS covers a wide variety of business lines such as sports management, sporting structures optimisation, the development of new media, e-sports, sports betting….
Founder and CEO of ARENE EVENEMENTS since 1998
After 15 working years, in France and abroad within a French major oil company in marketing, commerce and communication domains, J.-C. Vidal created his first structure in 1991 then Arène Evénements in 1998.
Arène Evénements’ goal is to help companies build on sports success in their communication strategy and to help event sites connect with sponsors who enrich their shows.
- Event and hospitality manager
- Event coordinator, site manager
- Technical director, logistics manager, project manager, manager, communication manager, media coordinator, hospitality, sponsorship, management of VIP areas...
- Project manager for a company organising sporting events
- Sports director of a municipality, a regional or departmental council, sports project manager, event coordinator
Conditions of admission
- 1st year: students having a BAC+3 diploma
- 2nd year: students having a BAC+4 diploma
- Specific cases : students having a BAC+3 diploma (under certain conditions) and professionals wishing to specialise in sports management
Admission on application file and motivation interview.
Scholar fees, start 2023
- 1st year : €10 200
- 2nd year : €12 500 for a start in the 2nd year.
These fees are subject to deductions depending on the modes of payment.
Contact our "Admissions" service at 07 64 77 50 37 or at Admissions@sportsmanagementschool.fr
Continuing your studies
If you wish to continue your studies after the MBA in Commercial management and distribution of sports products, it is possible! You can, for example, subject to the prerequisites, decide to do an MBA in another specialty (marketing, medias &digital, management, events, sales). To find out about all the possible options, click here.
Bridges and equivalences
There are no bridges or equivalencies: all enrollments in the program require you to take all modules.
- Number of students : 185**
- Satisfaction rate: 4/5*
- Net employment rate: 80%*
- Return rate: 63*
- Drop-out rate: 4.08*
*students class of 2021
**all students of the year 2021
Figures updated in 2022